Asphalt paving FAQ, Melbourne
What areas do you service?
As we’re based in Melbourne we service all Melbourne suburbs and greater Melbourne areas. But we will also travel anywhere in Victoria, including the following cities and regions:
Ballarat, Geelong, Bendigo, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury, Mornington Peninsula, Maryborough, Kyneton, Warragul, Wonthaggi, Traralgon, Melton, Morwell, Moe, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Lara, Little River, Gisborne, Macedon, Woodend, Kilmore, Kinglake, Whittlesea, Wallan
What is coloured bitumen and what advantages does it have over traditional black asphalt?
Coloured bitumen involves spraying a tinted hot spray seal onto the prepared site, such as a driveway, car park, road, or pathway. We then cover the coloured bitumen in an aggregate (stone) of your choice. We use a variety of natural stone colours to match the colour of the bitumen. The advantages of using coloured bitumen over a traditional black finish are that you:
- can match an asphalt driveway, car park or pathway to colours of the surrounding landscape, such as a sand or natural colour tint for a beach setting
- can improve safety, as a light-coloured asphalt can illuminate an area more
- can mark special traffic instructions, such as parking rules
- enhances the home or business with the brightening effect of colour
- enhances the appeal of recreational and community areas, such as playgrounds and parklands.
Do you do jobs of any size?
Duraseal Services is different because we’re purpose-built to do domestic and smaller-scale work. But the best thing to do is get in touch with us for any of your asphalt paving or excavation projects, and we’ll let you know if we can do the job. Usually the answer will be “yes”. Our clients are mostly rural and domestic properties with unsealed driveways. Other projects include car parks, wineries, schools, hard-stand areas, bus and truck yards and bed and breakfast parking, to name a few.